This happened to me a couple of days ago and some of my co-workers had the same problems:
OneDrive for Business Error "Incompatible Office products are installed on your machine."
or when opening an Office Document within the OneDrive for Business local Folder:
"Sorry, we can't perform this action. Incompatible Office products are installed on your machine. If you have an administrator, please contact them for help."
Side effects include:
- Syncing of Document Libraries fails, which could lead to lost Documents.
- Office Upload Center fails
So after some searching I found some threads over on social.technet that helped me solve this problem. As it turns out the problem comes from mixing Click-2-Run (C2R or streaming) Office installations and MSI/EXE based installations. For me, I had Office 2013 installed from the C2R offered on Office 365 and a normal install of Visio 2013.
The solution that worked for me:
- Uninstall the C2R version of Office from the Control Panel
- Install an ISO based Office Client
- Activate the Office Client with Office 365 credentials
Now everything is working fine again. I can sync, work with Word and Outlook and use my Visio again.